Monday, December 31, 2007

Golden Panda with twist


The technique challenge on SCS today was to use a split negative. There was a catch though. You couldn't use black/white. I used black/gold....hope that was okay. These two colors fit best with the image I wanted to use by Rubbernecker. I embossed the square panda image gold on black, black on gold, and gold on white. The whole square is one image. I then cut out the black circle and gold circle, cut them in half and glued them together inside the white frame. The black was too flat for me, so I clear embossed the whole black panel before gluing it with the gold. I then wrapped the gold cord around the card and tied with a bow. The main panel and sentiment panel are raised with dimensional tape. This was a fun and easy technique!! If you've never tried this before, ya hafta!! You can use virtually any color combo and stamped image....although I feel a larger one works better so you can see the split better.
BTW....this card is rather large!! 5 1/4 x 7 1/4

Recipe
Stamps: Rubbernecker
Paper: Whisper White, Bazzill green, black
Ink: Versamark gold and watermark
Accessories: crop-a-dile, gold eyelets, gold cord, embossing powders: gold, black, clear, embossing buddy by Stampin' Up, dimensional tape

2 comments:

Judy Rozema said...

Beautifully done!

Anonymous said...

This is breathtaking, Tosh! An amazing piece of art!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs