Thursday, April 3, 2008

Frog Star

I made this card for a challenge I do with some of my SCS friends. We took off Easter week, but the challenge was on again for the 31st!! I posted to my SCS gallery on Monday, but waited until today to post it to my blog because of the Rubbernecker KK release.

And jeepers was this a challenge!! Of course it was designed by non other than Cindy (Mothermark on SCS) That girl comes up with the goofiest ideas. Now, I'm shape challenged. I don't like working with hearts or stars all that much. They never look right on my cards. I always appreciate seeing them on other cards but I'm usually shaking my head and saying to myself, now why can't I do that.

I also rarely work with fish. I don't know why, probably because there are so many of you out there who can do a much better job with water scenes than I can. So, now you know how tough this was for me. Stars and fish.......okay, here were Cindy's requirements: We had to use ALL the supplies: DP, 3 brads, Ribbon, Star, and a fish that had to be in a circle because the dp reminded her of bubbles (GOOD GRIEF) Well, I got 'em all in.

The images are Rubbernecker and are watercolored. The fish has ultrafine crystal glitter on it in order to give the scales some sparkle.

Supplies:
Stamps - Rubbernecker - Frog with Fishing Pole, Drop me a line text
Paper - dp, SU night of navy, old olive, taken with teal, watercolor
Ink - Black Onyx Versafine
Accessories - watercolor pencils, blending pen, ribbon, brads, cuttlebug diecut star, SU key tag punch, nestability circles, Tim Holtz Retractable piercing tool, quickie glue pen, ultrafine crystal glitter

3 comments:

dpkennedy said...

Well, it doesn't appear that you had any trouble with this challenge at all...this card is fabulous!! Love that frog..but should she be looking so sexy while fishing? Maybe that's how she hooks 'em! LOL!

Anonymous said...

I just love your creations so much, and this is no exception. It always amazes me how you can make it all "come alive". Your blog always make me smile and gets my creative juices flowing. Thanks so much.

Wendy Gorton

Judy Rozema said...

Such a darling card! Way to get that fish in!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs