Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Surf's Up Sketch


I made this card for the sketch challenge on Splitcoaststampers. It's not my favorite card, and I almost didn't upload it, but then I thought...shoot, I spent time on it...might as well follow through. So, here it is. The cuttlebug swirls have liquid applique painted on them, the penguin border is fringed, and the sky was created with pastels.

Supplies:
Stamps - Art Impressions
Paper - Basicgrey Gypsy, SU Old Olive and Bashful Blue, Papertrey White
Ink - Ranger Black Soot, Antique Linen Distress Ink
Accessories - Copics, Pastels, twine, WeR Memory Keepers large eyelet, Making memories, Scotch mounting tape, medium brads

6 comments:

Tammy Hershberger said...

Too, too cute Tosh! I love the paper-pieced innertube!

huntla1 said...

Very cute! Love your stamp and Love the idea of fringing the border. It looks so much like a beach towel!

Anonymous said...

Well I'm certainly glad you posted this cute card....
It is really adorable Tosh.
Thank you - a snag for sure.

Judy Rozema said...

I love this - it's so whimsical and fun! The piecing is awesome too!!

Sheila D said...

What a cute card and stamp. Love what you did with the swirls.

Julia Aston said...

This DP is just so cute - the paper piecing on the inner tube just makes me laugh!! what a fun tall penguin! very fun card Tosh!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs