Friday, May 23, 2008

Birdie Notecard Trio

I normally do not do the limited supplies challenge on Splitcoast, because I inevitably mess it up. I think I did okay this time though. we were not to use any hardware for embellishing. Stamps were suggested instead. So I stamped a tiny flower, colored it with copics, punched it out with a hole punch and mounted it with dimensional tape. I think they were a perfect replacement for the brads.

All the cards were made the same, with just different dp's, and image placement. I first stamped all the images with Ranger Black Soot Distress Ink, and colored them with copics. The scallops were made with my SU slit punch.

My inspiration to use these papers came from this adorable little birdie set by Hero Arts: Hello Birdie Sparkle Clear Stamp Set. It's a tiny little set with crystal flowers included and the little birds were perfect for a little notecard trio. I used the Hero Art Smooth Clear Gems on all the tiny embellishment flowers too. The scallop square was made by using my square nestabilities and my cuttlebug.

Now, let me tell you about this YUMMY paper. I got it from my LSS. It's by cloud 9 Design, and each card has some images clear embossed. All the flowers are on the orange/red card, the swirls are on the far left one, and the dots and small flowers are on the far right card. Oh, even the yellow scallops have some clear embossing on them. It gives such wonderful texture to the cards!!

The box the middle card is on is a design created by Laurie. I didn't finish it yet, so I just used it to give height to the middle card. For a tutorial on how to make it, visit her blog Just give me stamps... All my little notecards will be presented as a gift inside this adorable box I cased from Laurie's design.

Here is a close up of each individual card:




Supplies:
Stamps - Hero Arts Hello Birdie Sparkle Clear Set
Paper - Cloud9 Design, Papertrey White
Ink - Ranger Black Soot Distress Ink
Accessories - Slit Punch *SU*, nestabilities, ribbon, Hero Arts Smooth Gems, Copics

11 comments:

Shelly said...

These are so cute Tosh, what a difference the dp makes and the placement of the elements. As for me, 2 weeks in a row I've had to withdraw my submission cuz I can't seem to follow directions....

Shannan Teubner said...

These are super cute!! Love it!

Unknown said...

Girl, you rocked those stamps! Great job! I love all three of those cards...and couldn't pick a fave if I had to! Cute, cute, super cute!

Kurtis said...

all three of these are lovely!! I loke the whimsical background paper!

Anonymous said...

These are too stinky cute. LOVE EM!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Love all 3 Tosh, great placement and colors.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This set is just fabulous, Tosh! I LOVE it! ADORABLE!

Anonymous said...

Tosh!!! These are gorgeous my friend!!! wow! Oh wait...what I meant to say is, "nice scallops." HAHAHAHAAA! JK! Seriously, these are all gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

These are all just fabulous! So cute! I can't get enough of looking at them. Love all the papers, colors and how you combined everything. Wow!

dpkennedy said...

These are seriously adorable! Love square cards and that dp!!

Monica said...

Just found your blog! I love these cards and I just purchased this stamp set!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs