Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A sketch for a treasured friend!

It's sketch Wednesday at Splitcoast today, so I thought I'd use this versatile tree by Hero Arts. I LOVE this tree. It can be used in for fall, spring, summer, whatever your heart desires. I even have another idea that I'll try to post in the next couple of days.

Michelle is currently out of this stamp set, but should be getting it soon. And, she has some other fabulous trees to choose from! This gorgeous Archaic dp by Basicgrey, and the sentiment and ribbon are both available. Go check out her store Stamper's Dream for a variety of stamps, paper and embellishments.

The tree is stamped with Ranger Black Soot distress ink, and is colored with copics. The sentiment by Penny Black is embossed with black embossing powder. The flowers and some leaves are all cut out and raised slightly to give a bit of texture, but I couldn't get a decent picture...sorry. And...the scallops were made with my SU slit punch. Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you are having a great week.

Supplies:
Stamps - Trees, Birds and Messages (Hero Arts), Special Treasures (Penny Black)
Paper - Archaic (Basic Grey), Always Artichoke (SU), White (Papertrey)
Ink - Black Soot, Frayed Burlap (Ranger Distress Ink)
Accessories - Copics, Primas (Petaloo), Satin Ribbon (May Arts), Slit Punch (SU), corner rounder

6 comments:

Shelly said...

Simply gorgeous Tosh, I love those stamps!

Kurtis said...

Beautiful card! I like your color selection on the tree!

Unknown said...

That is one gorgeous card! Love your colors and what you did with the tree. And of course I ALWAYS love your shabby and distressed look.

carole (TruCarMa) said...

GORGEOUS, Tosh! Love that little squirrel! : )

dpkennedy said...

This is so adorable! I love the rich colors and the flowers! Great squirrel too!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

OH is this adorable! Love that tree and the sentiment is wonderful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs