Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Smilin' Owl Sketch

I'm posting to warn ya'll!! Do not ever bet another stamper. Never ever!! The consequences can be severe!! I made a silly bet with Laurie, and lost. Just losing alone is tough to take, but then having to pay up is beyond cruel. Unfortunately, Laurie knows my weaknesses, so being the stinker that she is she forced me to make a card with bright colors and no, absolutely no, ink distressing. *sniff*. Brights are bad enough, but then no sponging? Pahlease. Well, here is my payment!

I combined Laurie's challenge to me, with SCS's sketch challenge for today. It's all pretty straight forward.

I stamped this adorable owl image by Penny Black from the Fresh New Day Set with Ranger's Black Soot Distress Ink. The lovely floral branch is from the Trees, Birds and Messages set by Hero Arts, and the sentiment is from Hero Art's Thinking of You clear design. I colored them all with copics. The card base is embossed with the Floral Fantasy Cuttlebug folder.

I paper toled my images to give this card more depth. The owl is 3 layers deep with the bow 4 layers deep. Here's a close up of what that looks like.

The sparkle is a mixture of 3 different rhinestone stickers, Marcella by K& Company, Amuse creative Candy, and Hero Arts Gemstones.

So....my debt is paid!! No more betting from me for awhile. LOL

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you are having a blessed week!

Supplies -
Stamps - Fresh New Day (Penny Black), Thinking of You Clear Design, Trees, Birds and Messages (Hero Arts)
Paper - Merry Go Round (Crate Paper), Tempting Turquoise, Pretty in Pink (Stampin' Up), White (Papertrey)
Ink - Black Soot Distress Ink (Ranger)
Accessories - gemstones (Amuse, Hero Arts, Marcella K), nestabilities, Fantasy Floral cuttlebug embossing folder (Provo Craft), Scotch mounting tape

7 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

LOL, a bet where your card is not allowed to include your favorite things. Too funny (and I might have to use this idea..hmmmm). If it makes you feel any better, I think you did FANTASTIC. The card is super cute...even without sponging and even with the brights, LOL!

Anonymous said...

This is adorable

smallcity

Unknown said...

ROTFLMAO! You are Laurie are just too freakin' funny! I LOVE your card! And I'm amazed at what you can do with bright colors WITHOUT sponging and distress inks. Girlfriend, you should try this more often. :-)

Anonymous said...

OH...Oh...LISTEN to this sob story, would ya??!!!?? "sniff, sniif...no sponging...I'm not good with bright colors..." And then you go and make THIS BEAUTY??!!??? Girl, I am officially NOT listening to you anymore!! LOL!!!

Seriously though...Tosh, you could do ANY style...with your eyes closed...and have it be gorgeous!!! You just exude talent!!!

Anonymous said...

Love, Love, LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love the owl, the colors, the 3-D! Keep whinin' Tosh! It worked for you anyway! Must be rough to be so talented!! You & Laurie's challenges seem to bring out your best!

Shelly said...

Your card made me smile!

Unknown said...

Oh my that owl card is too cute!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs