Wednesday, April 1, 2009

How To Train a Husband...

I have a nephew who's getting married in a couple of months, and he and I have given each other a hard time for as long as I can remember. So, I thought I'd make a special little gift to give to his fiance next week at her bridal shower: How to Train a Husband

For the headings on each page, I used a product that I definitely could not live without. It's my *go to* for many projects. I used the JustRite Harmony Rectangular Stamper, and my NEW JustRite Vertical Stamper! There are no limits with these babies. Especially if you have the Upper and Lower case fonts. I used the Brayton, Trompe Script Uppercase and Lowercase, and the Times New Roman Uppercase Fonts. (I had to trim the lowercase Trompe Script a bit to get the letters closer, but it was really easy to do.)

Each *chipboard page* was decorated with Spriograph dp (Kaisercraft) and Iced, Frosted or Intense Teal, Intense Kiwi, Blush Red Dark, or Baby Blue Light (Prismatics).

The journaled tabs were all computer generated and included below is a picture with the tab inside and outside, and what's written on it.

I also used a variety of Nestabilities for each page: Labels I, Long Rectangles, Oval, Heart, Labels II, Curved Rectangles, and Circles.

Here's the front of this little booklet: The Rectangle Scallops Journaling Coasters are Maya Road.

This is the front. No tabs...*grin*





















The tab says: If he leaves the toothpaste cap off, or doesn't squeeze the tube right, soak the bristles in liquid soap. He'll never forget again.























The tab says: Cook only 2-3 times a week. That way he'll appreciate it more when you do cook.




















The tab says: Do not wash your hair or put on make-up for a whole week. He might as well get used to see the "real" you right off.





















The tab says: Don't wash inside out socks. When he runs out, he'll get the picture.





















The tab says: If he leaves the toilet seat up, feed him laxatives with a snack right before bed. Make sure the toilet seat is up. Need I say more?

Now, I haven't tried any of these husband training remedies. But if any of you do, let me know how it works....*grin*

Heads up: Michelle has all the new JustRite products in her store and is offering some fabulous blog candy. Check it out HERE.

To see what the other Stamper's Dream Team has come up with, check out the schedule below and click on the names:

Monday - Kimberly and Michelle
Tuesday - Charmaine and Michelle
Wednesday - Denise , Kimberly and Michelle and Me
Thursday - Laurie , Cindy , Kimberly and Michelle
Friday - Cammie , Kimberly and Michelle


Supplies:
Stamps - 1 5/8" Circle Stamper, JustRite Harmony Rectangular Stamper, Vertical Stamper, Brayton, Trompe Script Uppercase and Lowercase, and the Times New Roman Uppercase Fonts, C-45 Small Letters for Monogram
Paper: Spriograph dp (Kaisercraft) and Iced, Frosted or Intense Teal, Intense Kiwi, Blush Red Dark, or Baby Blue Light, Simply Smooth (Prismatics)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento), Old Paper (Ranger Distress Ink)
Accessories: Labels I, Long Rectangles, Oval, Heart, Labels II, Curved Rectangles, and Circles (Spellbinders), Buttons (Stampin' Up!), Ribbon (Making Memories), Rinestones (Kaisercraft and Me and My Big Ideas), Dew Drops, Sewing Machine, flower Punch (Carl CarlaCraft), Quickie Glue Pen, Ultrafine Transparent Glitter


33 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

OMG, this is too cool and TOOOOO funny!

Paula Barin said...

I LOVE this idea! The subjects are endless LOL.Great for kids too.

nise said...

Thanks, Tosha! You have no idea how much I needed this laugh today. Great gift and I hope your nephew gets the full benefits from it.

Unknown said...

Girl, I cannot believe how AWESOME and funny this is! The work you put into it was well worth the end result!!! I love every detail, the colors, the fabulous embellishing, and of course, the stamps and those hysterical ideas for the husband! :-)

Carolyn King said...

lol!!! Tooo funny but also so beautifully but together. LOVE those lessons...might have to try the socks one!

Kimberly Crawford said...

TOSH!!!!!!!! Not only is this a completely GORGEOUS project with AMAZING details, it is totally hilarious!!! This is so YOU! Perfection!! :)

debb said...

Too funny! I really enjoyed this post (perhaps a little too much)! A wonderful idea that could have many themes- birthday, etc. Thanks for the inspiration!

Mothermark said...

Yeah right! I bet you have tried them! Snort! Does Ed have his own personal email? One that you can't sign in to? Whut? No reason!!!!

This is hilarious and its gonna be the hit of the shower! I must say you are giving her some wonderful advice even though I am like you and never, ever would resort to any of that! Except MAYBE the hair and makeup one! Giggle!

This is just fun, fun, fun! I would love to be a fly on the wall when all of the ladies just start cackling! Hee!

Shannan Teubner said...

OMG Tosh this is hilarious! I love it!

Gabriela (Gabi With An Eye) said...

Your shower gift is going to steal the spotlight at the bridal shower!

Melyssa said...

I love this!! It's fantastic!! Mind if I case it?? What a creative idea. Thanks for the laugh it was so funny reading your tags!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Tosh, that is HYSTERICAL! Too too funny! I just LOVE your project!

Sabrina said...

This really made me laugh this morning. I let DH off on the cooking one as I used to be a cook myself, and sometimes it's easier to do things yourself than let someone else do it. He gets takeways if he really has to.
But the socks, gosh I identified with that. What's with men taking their socks off so that they are always inside out. I love the colours and all those little tabs; what a wonderful interactive project.

Linda w said...

I love this. This is definitely going to be cased for sure.

thanks much

SusanH said...

This makes me almost want a husband!

Anonymous said...

Too funny!!! And a beautiful design to boot!!! Don't know that these training techniques would work for my DH, more likey need a cattle prod. :) But they were funny!!!
Jennik

StampOwl said...

bwahahahahahaha this is totally hilarious Tosh .... love love love the idea. I am sure the bride to be will appreciate all your advise LOL!

Joanne (jojot) said...

OMG....how fabulous and personal....they will both love it.....such a very special gift from a very special aunt

Sandra MacLean said...

Tosh!! This is absolutely, hands down the funniest thing I've seen all week!! I love it and you did such a great job of putting it together. I may have to try that laxative idea one of these days...j/k!

Heather C said...

So funny. Thanks for the laugh! Great gift!

Cindy Haffner said...

Too much fun Tosh, I love this.

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

too funny!

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous!!!!
I love it! It's funny & briliant!

Silke Ledlow said...

Fantastic project and way toooo funny - I love your take on this!!! I bet the new wify to be is getting a kick out of this too ;)!!!

Amy Sheffer said...

ROFL, Tosh! Too, too funny. Gosh girl, this is AMAZING!!

ChristineCreations said...

This is seriously the most adorable, creative and useful (lol!) project girl! What a hoot!

retiredheather said...

This is so perfect. I love your sayings and the way you put it together is just fantastic. Wonderful, wonderful Perfect!
hugs
Heather

jami {sgtStamper} said...

This is hysterical!! This is sure to be a favorite for a very a long time!!! Love all the wonderful details on each one!

dpkennedy said...

This is just too funny! What a unique and personal gift for her that she will always treasure (and hopefully not have to refer to, too often;))

Suzanne J Dean said...

Still LOL! Great advice, I love it and such a cute gift!!!

hugz,
Suzanne

Rose Ann said...

OMgosh...these are so cute, and a *perfect* gift!! You're so creative, Tosh!!

scrappin{jewlz{ said...

LOL too funny!

Cute album!

Melissa said...

I just wanted to thank you for your terrific idea! Here's what you inspired me to create...

How to Train a Husband

Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs