Saturday, August 22, 2009

CASEing my dear friend Joanne!!


My dear, dear friend Joanne (JoJot on SCS) is being featured on SCS today for the FS Challenge found HERE. I'm thrilled because I get to case one of her fabulous creations! Now, Joanne knows I'm a huge fan of her black/white cards, and her sunset scenes, so this was very hard for me to choose. I finally decided to case this card HERE because I liked the way she used the fern on the three panels, the button on the side, and the piercing. But I cheated...I used a punch by EK Success instead. *grin*

It's also SCS's Sketch Challenge 238 found HERE.

When CASEing a stamper, you must change at least two things. I changed the colors and image, and my bg is dry embossed with the new Cuttlebug embossing folder Moroccan Screen, instead of using dp which Joanne is known for also. She's always including lots of yummy textures.

The main image is from one of Verve's new releases Budding Blossoms. The dots on the panel behind them were made with one of Verve's Bountiful Backgrounds. They were clear embossed. And to finish it off, I added a Wooden Button (PTI), and some Brown Burlap String. The edges are all ink distressed with Vintage Photo (Ranger Distress Ink).

Congrats my friend!! You so deserved to be featured!!
Thanks for stopping by!
Have a fabulous week!!
Happy Stamping!




Stamps: Budding Blossoms, Bountiful Backgrounds (Verve)
Paper: Tawny Medium, Suede Brown Dark, Buttercream (Prismatics)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento), Vintage Photo (Ranger Distress Ink)
Accessories: Copics, Wavy Border Punch (EK Success), Button (PTI), Burlap String (May Arts), Moroccan Screen Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug - Provocraft), Detailed Clear ep

4 comments:

StampOwl said...

gorgeous Tosh ... love that new cuttlebug embossing folder too

Shannan Teubner said...

Love this, Tosh! Now I'm gonna have to get that folder, DARN YOU!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Beautiful Tosh, you rock!

Silke Ledlow said...

Gorgeous case - Tosh!!! The new VV Set looks works perfect with this layout!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs