Sunday, August 16, 2009

Practice Hospitality

Is it really week 3 in August? Some of you probably have kids returning to school this week. I'm one of them. My youngest is going to be a Junior in High School starting tomorrow. My how time flies. Well, with it being the beginning of the week again, I have another CCEE card to share with you. If you remember the last couple of weeks, Cindy Motherway has had some interesting challenges for us. The first was "The Birds and the Bees", the Second, "The Flowers and Trees", now this week it's "The Moon Up Above". So, you guessed it. We had to make a card with a moon on it.

I think this is my first ever "Moonscape". I'm pretty chicken when it comes to doing sunsets or sky scapes with sponges, but I'm happy with how this card turned out. And it took me less than an hour. That's like record breaking for me since I'm a 3+ hours card maker. I had this idea for a 1 layer card, and my idea actually worked....the FIRST TRY!!! Quite another accomplishment here. I'm a "fusser"...add, take away, add, try something new...etc.

Anyway, I started by Cutting out and embossing the oval frame on the front of my card with my Oval Nestabilities and Cuttlebug. I then lined up the oval on the inside and just embossed it (used my tan mat so it didn't cut through). After that, I took my Eclipse tape, attached a 4 x 5 strip to regular copy paper, and ran the same oval through my cuttlebug to cut it out. Now I have a sticky mask. I laid it over my oval and added a circle mask for the moon. I then applied Denim and Oregano (Adirondack Dye Ink) to the inside. I removed the moon mask, but left the oval mask in place and stamped Verve's Plain Jane verse Romans 12:13 and the wheat image from Verve's set Budding Blossoms, and colored it with copics.

Finally, I scored some diagonal lines on the outside, made a strip for the inside, punched the borders with a Fiskars border punch, and added some punched flowers (Carl CarlaCraft), Rhinestones (Kaisercraft) and Ribbon (May Arts).

That's it! Now head on over to the CCEE Stamper's blog to see what the other gals have come up with. We'd love to have you make a card with a moon on it too. Just follow the instructions on the blog!!

Thanks for stopping by!!
Happy Stamping!





Stamps: Budding Blossoms and Romans 12:13 Plain Jane (Verve)
Paper: Neenah Solar White
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento), Denim and Oregano (Adirondack Dye Ink)
Accessories: Oval Nestabilities, Eclipse Tape, Scor-Pal, Copics, Ribbon (May Arts), Rhinestones (Kaisercraft), Border Punch (Fiskars)

29 comments:

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

Gorgeous! The scoring and the image are so elegant!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh wow Tosh so classy!!!

StampOwl said...

OMG this is gorgeous Tosh not that I am surprised cause everything you do always is. Glad to see no moon flowers this time round and an actual moon on your card hehe

Carolyn King said...

stunning card girl! LOVE how you created the mask to stamp the scene inside!!! Great job!!!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

I think this elegant beauty woulda still have taken me three hours to make will all that process work. Gorgeous card, Toshy-pooh!

Unknown said...

Beautiful, Tosh! Your sponging is perfect, and I love the scored lines on the front. I didn't know you knew HOW to make a one layer card! LOL!

Basement Stamper said...

Stunning card! Love all the little details to it and the colors are awesome!

Laurie Schmidlin said...

You are something else, you know that Tosh? You can literally DO IT ALL!!! And so well, at that! This is beyond beautiful! How in the world you made a one layer card (that doesn't even look like a one layer card) so elegant and beautiful is just beyond me!! You are completely awesome my friend!!

TannyP said...

WOW - STUNNING! Your sponging is perfectly unreal, like Julee's! WOW!

Jackie Pedro said...

This is amazing! The sponging looks fabulous and it does not look like a one layer card!

Gabriela said...

Tosha, your moonscape is heavenly. I adore your sponging - it looks air brusehd it's so perfect and uniform.

LorettaL said...

How do you do it?!!!! This is amazing. I love the simple beauty of the blue and white together. The embossing is the icing on the cake and those rhinestones on the ribbon - perfection. Then the moonlit scene is sitting there all glorious like. Holy shamolies!!!

My kids are going to school next week after being homeschooled. I'll be alone for the first time in 15 years. What will I do with myself?!!!! I'll probably wander around the house for the first few days babbling incoherently...

Mothermark said...

First try and you get this? No fair! It is truly beautiful! Lovely little Moon card!

I love the soft colors and how they pop against the white. Love it!

Dawn said...

well, quit being chicken...bawk!
it's beautiful!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

absolutely STUNNING....

Rose Ann said...

The beauty of this card, just about takes my breath away....Tosh!! Your scoring, edging, bling and ribbon are so pretty and perfect in every way. The way you stamped your verse to show in the window... and your sponging looks incredible!! Can you tell I LOVE this?? ☺

Shannan Teubner said...

Ok, seriously!! You've gotta be kidding. This is just insane gorgeous...I just don't even know how your mind works to think of this! WOWZA!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my WORRRRRD, girl, the effect you got on that main panel is AWESOME!!...it's so eye catching against all the white too.

Anonymous said...

Tosh, this is gorgeous girl. Thanks so much for sharing the details!
--Hugs Becca

Susan (rainy) said...

Oh Tosh this is so beautiful! The image is gorgeous and that punched 'lace' border is right over the top FABULOUS!

Angella D. Crockett said...

What a fantastic design!!! I love every little detail!!!! God Bless!

Davi said...

Tosh, What a beautiful card. I love the embossing, scene, and scripture. It almost give the feeling of layers without them. :) Simple and elegant!!

Maggie said...

(applauding) Simply elegant.

Amy Sheffer said...

I'm not sure my jaw will EVER come back up off the floor! You've totally outdone yourself, Tosh. This is sooooo amazing!

Conniecrafter said...

such pretty framing and beautiful job on the image, the score lines are a neat touch and love that border!

dpkennedy said...

This is stunning! I love your sponged sky and ground! The quote is really lovely too! Amazing!

Linda Carson said...

BRILLIANT!

Silke Ledlow said...

Holy Smokes - Tosh!!! This is one drop dead gorgeous....super fantabulous card!!!! Oh man this is sooooooo up my alley - LOL!! L.O.V.E IT!!!! Hugs ~S~

Unknown said...

simply stunning! WOW!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs