Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Nurture Yourself

Wow, it's hard to believe we're halfway through the week already. As you all know, the older we get, the faster time seems to fly by. Well, I want to take this time to apologize for my lack of posts the past few weeks. First I was camping for Spring break, then I got a severe case of bronchitis which set me back for a solid week...(I'm still recovering)...and finally, I flew to Iowa as a chaperone with five girls for a college visit this past weekend. Now it's catch up time. So, after the drought, you will be witness to a deluge of cards...so brace yourselves. LOL


(Remember, if you click on the highlighted words, you will be taken directly to that product.)

First of all, I used Mercy's sketch for this week. You can find her sketch HERE.

Now, I've long been an admirer of Flourishes images. Their details are fabulous, and their floral images are gorgeous. I love anything nature: birds, flowers, ocean, etc., so when I had the opportunity to work with the set From the Garden, I was thrilled. It has a variety of flower images, wonderful sentiments, and this darling watering can scene. You can have it too. Just head on over to Stamper's Dream. Michelle carries a wonderful variety of Flourishes images, along with fantastic paper, ribbon, inks, and a wide variety of embellishments. Not to mention all the wonderful stamps from companies such as JustRite, Impression Obsession, Studio 490, Darcie's, Hero Arts, Inkadinkado, Northwoods, Sarah Kay, and more. Her store is seriously a one stop shop!!

Okay, now about this card...I inked up the image with Versamark, embossed it with Detail Black ep, and colored it with my Tombows and Aqua Pen. I sponged around the edges with Versamagic colors Sahara Sand and Sea Breeze, and the rich, fun paper is Vintage Love by Glitz Designs.

I punched the borders with my SU! Corner Tag Punch, and the bottom border is a new Martha Stewart Border Punch called Layered Arches. Isn't it pretty? I'm lovin' Martha's new punches. And you can get the borders with their matching corners at Stamper's Dream!!

For my little Nurture tag, I framed it with the smallest Labels 2 nestabilities die by Spellbinders, and I added some Natural Burlap string and a PTI button, along with some Kaisercraft Rhinestones.

That's it. Thank you so much for stopping by.
Stop in again tomorrow to see what I did with one of the newest Verve releases....
Happy Stamping!!
Tosh

7 comments:

StampOwl said...

gorgeous card Tosh

Unknown said...

Fabulous, Tosh! The design, your coloring, and that awesome sponging around the image make this a real beauty! I'm loving that new Martha Stewart punch, too!!!

Take care, and nurture YOURself! I hope you're feeling better soon! {{{Hugs}}}

Leslie Miller said...

A beauty, Tosh! I love this image, and your coloring and card design are a fabulous way to let it shine. Gosh, sometimes life just gets so busy, doesn't it? I'm glad you're feeling better now, at least.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

A twinge of guilt passed by me for a second as I looked at your creations as I am suppose to be in my garden weeding. Tee hee!! The guilt has passed now....I will go back out in a minute...Your layout, coloring and design are gorgeous Tosh.
hugs,
Chris

Joanne (jojot) said...

let the deluge of creations roll....can't wait.....glad you are feeling better...I was worried about you.....

what a wonderful gardening scene....colored so fabulously with great elements

hugs, my friend

Conniecrafter said...

very cool, like your layering and the tab shape!

Julie Koerber said...

Oh this is a true beauty Tosha! The coloring on this one just brings this whole scene to life!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs