Thursday, December 15, 2011

Top Hat Gift Box and WMS Feature

I have some fabulously fun things to share with you today. The first being a Top Hat Gift Box I designed to be featured in the on-line magazine called Papers and Pixels. I was thrilled when Laura emailed me to ask if I would mind being featured in their magazine. How fun and exciting!!

I've wanted to make a "Frosty the Snowman (inspired) Top Hat Gift Box", for some time, and I thought this would be the perfect opportunity. Papers and Pixels has the complete tutorial in this month's edition found HERE. It's only $1.50 for a single edition. $1 an edition for a yearly subscription. Here are a few pictures of the top hat I created using black cardstock, some felt, and a sweet little sentiment from the Waltzingmouse Stamps set Candy Jar Christmas.



Here's a close up of the little sentiment tag.



I included some peppermint white chocolate Hershey's Kisses inside.



Okay, now for some more exciting news. Waltingmouse Stamps is being featured over on the Moxie Fab World blog for their "Stamp" of Approval post. How cool is that!! I ADORE Waltzingmouse images, and believe this is an honor well deserved. They're featuring the following fabulous WMS images: 2011 Holiday Ornaments, Candy Jar Christmas, Candy Jar Christmas Fillers, Nordic Winter, Santa's Coming to Town, and Seasonal Remedies.

I also made some quick Waltzingmouse Ornament Tags (and I mean quick...they're so easy to make in bulk...Claire's stunning images do all the work for you!! :) using the 2011 Holiday Ornaments set (Waltzingmouse), along with the coordinating Spellbinders' 2011 Heirloom dies. I'm going to apologize first for the poor photo quality. I have a bugger of a time photographing silver. And since all my decorations and wrapping, in my home, are done in Silver, Red and White, I made all my tags with Red Magic VersaMagic ink and Silver ep.







These also fit for the CCEE Stampers Challenge which is to use ornaments this week. Be sure to check out what the rest of the CCEE Stampers have to share. They never fail to inspire!!

So, I realize this was a lot to take in today. Be sure to visit the Papers and Pixels Blog, the Moxie Fab World Blog, and the CCEE Stampers Blog!!

Thanks so much for visiting. I hope you are all enjoying the Holiday Festivities!! I'm thrilled because both of my kids (who attend college out of state), are coming home for Christmas today. Woo-Hoo!! :)

Happy Stamping my friends!!

post signature

16 comments:

Julia Aston said...

Oh Tosh! I LOVE your sweet felt top hat treat box! how wonderful is this with the lace and holly and lovely bow! And your tags are so CAS and pretty!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Holy cow, Tosha - that felt hat...I swoon. What a fantastic idea, and how lovely yours turned out. Amazing.

Great job on those tags...a great quick and easy solution to my age-old problem...I'm out of tags! LOL

Merry Christmas~

Marisa said...

The felt hat is beyond adorable! Great idea! Love the tags too :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Love the hat treat holder Tosha! So elegant and festive! Your collection of tags are darling! Happy Holidays!

Diana Crick said...

Fabulous project. I tried to e-mail you at stamps4funinca@yahoo​.com but it was rejected. Could you e-mail me at ladydian@shaw.ca
thanks, Diana

Kathy Bradley said...

Tosh,
How lovely are these beautiful oranment tags - very elegant in this color - wow!

Niki Estes said...

Tosh, this is so neat!! I love how the top hat opens to hold candies!

Clare said...

Now that top hat is something special!! Stunning work! Love it!

Kelly S. said...

Well if that top hat doesn't beat all! It reminds me of A Christmas Carol...such vintage fun that Ebenezer Scrooge would even smile when he placed it on his noggin. SO creative and beautiful, Tosh!

Kim said...

Absolutely love it!

Wanda Cullen said...

OMGoodness...you are quite the creative genius! This is a wonderful idea and you've embellished it so beautifully! Love the quickie tags, too!

Unknown said...

Oh wow Tosha, LOVE the top hat box!!! LOVE it!!!! and thank you so much for the shout out!! hugs!!!

Conniecrafter said...

that top hat is so cool, the felt really tops it off, your tags are very cute too, love the embossing

Vickie Z said...

Wow...that hat is fabulous!!!! Tags are gorgeous too!!!

dpkennedy said...

Oh wow Tosh! I love your top hat! It's so vintage and rustic looking! I am going to have to make some of these for next year! I am soooo done this year :)

Pet73 said...

That "hat wrapping" is fantastic! Such a great idea! Gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs