Friday, May 30, 2014

Power Poppy June Release Preview ~ Day 3

For my Waltzingmouse post, click HERE



Welcome to Day 3 of Power Poppy's June Release Preview!  Is this month's release just out of this world or what!!  I tell ya, I am never disappointed with Marcella's creativity and attention to detail.  And this Sassy Succulents set is so "Spot On" and trendy!!!  I adore the sentiments as well as the beautiful variety of succulents.

I decided to use the "no line" coloring technique for my card today, because I wanted the one image to "Stand Out", just as the sentiment suggests:  "Why fit in when you were born to Stand Out?" Dr. Seuss.  What a beautiful quote!!   I stamped the image and sentiment with Pistachio Memento ink and colored it with Copics.  The sentiment flag sentiment was stamped with Smokey Gray Versafine Ink.  The rest is pretty self-explanatory.


That's it for my project today.  If you haven't visited the Bloom Brigade listed below, be sure you do.  Those girls have some serious skills.  Just sayin'....

Here's a list of the Copics I used:  YG95, YG93, YG91, V06, V12, E35, E33, E31, T2, T1, T0, 0

That about sums up today's project.  There's more to share tomorrow, so I hope you'll stop by for a visit!!
_____________________________________________________________

Stamps:  Sassy Succulents (Power Poppy)
Paper:  Cryogen White, Kaleidoscope (Kaisercraft), Kraft (PTI) 
Ink:  Pistachio (Memento), Smokey Gray (Versafine)
Accessories:  Copics, Long Rectangle die (Spellbinders), Sequins (Teresa Collins and Ellen Hutson), Sewing Machine

17 comments:

Katie Sims said...

See, I knew you would do something totally amazing and out of the box with this set and you certainly did! Love the single colored succulent among your masked images...such careful work that really has a stunning result! All of your soft colored papers are the perfect background for your image. Simply lovely, Tosh! :)

KimCreate said...

Oh, I love how you did a spotlight for one plants that mirrors the sentiment of standing out! Cool. Love the colors on the card too!

Allison Cope said...

Awww... I completely agree! Why fit in when you're born to stand out! What a sweet card Tosh! Love that you left everything uncoloured and then popped one special fella out with your wonderful colouring! Gorgeous creation!

Shelly said...

So sweet! Love the succulents!

Julie Koerber said...

So soft, so lovely, so creative, so YOU! Love your style Ms. Tosh!!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

How pretty, Tosh! Love the papers and colors and your stitching is wonderful.

Chriss Blagrave said...

This is really beautiful Tosh! Love the papers and the focal succulent...love it all!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, my, Tosh, you really made this sassy succulent jump out in delight! I love how you've colored it...so lifelike! Wow! Lovely layout with great papers and the sequins! Definitely a wonderful set! Hugs!

Leslie Miller said...

That Dr. Seuss was a pretty smart guy, wasn't he? Why, indeed? I love how you've done this with the images stamped in green sort of nondescript in the background and the individual popping in the foreground. Love your shading around the images, too. They look so dimensional that they appear at first glance to be cut out. It looks like you did pop up the colored one -- yet another great idea. Nice papers and design. I just love it!

Jerri Jimenez said...

So gorgeous Tosh, a wonderful design! How clever to have the focus on that one succulent, so gorgeouse!

Conniecrafter said...

very cool idea to just color the one and add dimension!

loulou said...

Fantastic card. I love the way you have popped the one image with colour to reflect the great sentiment. Love this set.

Stacy Morgan said...

Great stitching and so pretty.

ChristineCreations said...

This was my favourite card of yours from this release I believe...I just love how you colored the succulents and the shadow and the gorgeous pop of colour in the one succulent all paried with the pretty papers!

Pet73 said...

Such a fine card! Love the soft look! Very pretty!

Cindy Lawrence said...

Soft and sweet, my friend! Love all the layers and stitching! You did a beautiful job with the no lines coloring technique...turned out GORGEOUS!

Cheryl O said...

How creative and what a "stand out" card!!! It's done, as is the next pink and white one, so elegantly - in a simple, yet so beautiful and understated!! Your work is great, thank you for sharing it with us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs