Sunday, June 29, 2014

Power Poppy July Release ~ Day 2



Hello friends!!  It's Day 2 of our Power Poppy Release and we have a beautiful Geranium digital image to share with you today.  I admit, I am used to seeing and growing red geraniums, but I thought I would google them and see if there weren't any other varieties.  I was pleased to see a Salmon Colored image so I went with that.  I also used the image as a reference for the leaves, because some geraniums have a distinct leaf color pattern.  The sentiment doesn't come with this release....I cheated and included it a day early....shhhhhh  I just thought the font style fit beautifully with this image.  I realize geraniums aren't the "wildest" of flowers, but hey....even us simple folks can bloom wildly....right?  ;)





Now, for some more inspiration, head on over to the following Bloom Brigade Blogs:

Copics:  YR82, YR02, R32, G28, G24, G21, G20, FYG2
__________________________________________________________________

Stamps:  Geraniums (Power Poppy)
Paper:  Wood (MME), Cryogen White
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento), Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  Copics, Grommet Tags (Spellbinders), Metallic Metal Dots (MME), Butterfly Punches (EK Success and Martha Stewart), Quickie Glue Pen, Rock Candy Glitter (Tim Holtz) 

13 comments:

KimCreate said...

What a delightful wood grain frame for your geraniums! The whole looks is so vintage. Love what ever you did with a white pen or paint! Loooks fabulous!

Yogi said...

really nice. love the barn board layout. have a great day

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Tosh, I just love "googling" flowers and finding other colors too! And, oh, a sneak peek...won't tell! I love your geranium colors and the beautiful rustic frame! How gorgeous! It looks like something I'd love have sitting on my desk all the time! Thanks for more beautiful inspiration! Hugs!

Leslie Miller said...

Your framing is so absolutely fabulous, Tosh! Bet you made those boards yourself, didn't you? I'm a little bit awed by how you do that. Beautiful job on those leaves and love the color of the blooms.

Anonymous said...

Tosha, your cards are so unique! I love what "surprise" you see every time you make a card!! Thank you too so much for showing your list of what you used. I find that so helpful because there is always something you have used that I want!! TFS!! Joleen

Cindy Lawrence said...

Good NIGHT, gf! This is FANTASTIC! Love, love, love that frame you created...really showcases your beautifully colored geraniums perfectly!

ChristineCreations said...

Tosh...this is gorgeous...the gray framing is so classy and works perfectly with the salmon geraniums.

Marisa said...

Love the wood frame! Great card.

Katie Sims said...

Be still my heart....these are gorgeous! OH how the weathered wood trim sets off your beautifully colored geraniums...super sweet! :)

dpkennedy said...

Oh wow! I love how you framed this! And those tiny butterflies are so sweet! I love the warm vintage country feel of this!

Davi said...

How beautiful this is! I love the weathered wood frame to go with the lovely geraniums :)

Dawn B. said...

This has such a vintage feel to it. This is pretty. I love the wood framing the card. Another really beautiful card.

Allison Cope said...

Totally diggin' the rustic feel of this card today Tosha! I love the wood frame you created to high light your stunning Geraniums! Bravo!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs