Friday, November 14, 2014

Bottlebrush Resist


Hello my creative friends!!  I have a wonderfully CAS (Clean and Simple) card to share with you today for this weeks Power Poppy Peeps Challenge.  I used the Bottlebrush set for this card and it came together very quickly.

I just used a simple Emboss Resist Technique for this beautiful collage of Bottlebrush Trees.  I stamped them with Whisper White Pigment Ink (SU!), and embossed them with Super Fine White Embossing Powder (Ranger).  I then took a sponge dauber and, in a circular motion, added some Spun Sugar Ranger Distress Ink to the trees.  Lastly, I added a sentiment, using Smokey Gray Versafine ink, a Metallic embroidery thread bow, along with a Sparklet (Kaisercraft) center.  Easy, peasy.  Each panel is raised with Scotch Dimensional tape, and the border was punched using an EK Success punch with a double scored line above.

I did something a little different though with the framing of the trees though.  Let me explain:

To create the frame, I took a Standard Spellbinders Rectangle and laid it on top of white card stock.  I taped it down, flipped it over and laid it on the cutting plate with the rectangle side down.  I then put my embossing mat over it, along with another plate and ran it through my diecutting machine.  When you remove the rectangle die, you have a beautifully embossed piece.  But I flipped mine over and used the other side.  I loved how the frame popped up off the piece instead of appearing debossed.  Does that make sense?  

This first photo is the framed side I used.


Here's the flip side



I tried taking a picture of each one, but, it's hard to tell the difference in the photos.  All I can do is suggest that you try it yourself.  After embossing your shape, flip the card stock over and look at the other side.

This card is a standard A2 size, so it's easy to mail too.  You could eliminate the layers for a flatter version if you like.

Now, if you'd like some more inspiration, stop by the following Bloom Brigade Blogs:
Thanks for stopping by!!  I hope you have a terrific weekend!

       Happy Stamping!

____________________________________________________________

StampsBottlebrush (Power Poppy)
Paper:  White (PTI)
Ink:  Whisper White (SU!), Smokey Gray (Versafine), Spun Sugar (Ranger Distress)
Accessories:  White Embossing Powder (Ranger), Standard Rectangle Die (Spellbinders), Metallic Embroidery Thread, Sparklet (Kaisercraft), Dimensional Tape 

9 comments:

Shelly said...

Oh, this is gorgeous!!! Love!

Julie Koerber said...

Very cool effect with the embossed rectangle -- what a perfect frame for this glowing and gorgeous embosssed image! Another fabulous creation Ms. Tosh!

ChristineCreations said...

This is gorgeous Tosh. The crispness and soft simplicity with the little details like the embossed framing are gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

That is amazing! Such a soft, pretty look. Just right for those trees.

Karen W said...

So soft and pretty, I love this!

Marcella Hawley said...

Oh, YES! I do so love the simple elegance and snowy fresh goodness of your card, Ms Tosh!! It's exactly how those vintage bottlebrush trees want to be — pink and powdery!!! Love that little jewel accent, the simple sentie treatment. As I said at the beginning: Oh, YES! :)

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, how pretty! These trees lend themselves well to this technique. So delicate and lovely, Tosh!

Dawn B. said...

I love the embossed frame. Especially with white card stock. This is so pretty Tosh. I love the pink. Perfectly created.

Allison Cope said...

Oh tosh! Love that pink glow! It's reminds me of cotton candy! Stunning card creation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs