Friday, September 25, 2015

Climbing Clematis ~ Power Poppy


Hello crafty friends!!  I have been MIA for quite some time and I apologize.  I traveled to the Midwest to visit both of my kids and I have been working on some home projects and gifts also.  But I'm happy to be stamping again!!  

One of my nieces is getting married in a couple of weeks and her colors are blue, peach and lavender.  So, for her shower this weekend, I created a card using one of Power Poppy's newer digi images called Climbing Clematis.  Aren't those flowers stunning.  And Marcy added butterflies!!  *sigh*  The sentiment is from the clear stamp set Simply Camellias.

I added some Wink of Stella to the butterflies and flower centers, but my photo skills were lacking today.  Everything was colored with Copics.


My niece chose black/white for her kitchen accents so I thought it would be fun to make a wreath out of a variety of dishtowels and wash rags.  I was inspired by this pin from Pinterest: Hands On
I also included an Oven Mitt with utensils inside along with a serving platter inspired by this pin:  Pretty Mahem.

I love using Pinterest to help with fun gift-giving ideas! 



That's it for my projects today.  Check out the following Bloom Brigaders for some more Power Poppy inspiration.

Also, since it's the 25th of the month, Marcella has a fabulous...and I mean FABULOUS new digi image for y'all!!  It's called Glittering Glass Santa, and it's pure vintage gorgeousness!! Check out the Power Poppy Blog for the links to the gals with more projects to enable...I mean inspire you!!  ;)

Copics:  Flower - B39, B37, B34, B32, B000, G03, YG01 Leaves - G28, G07, G03, YG01, G0000 Butterflies:  E33, E95, V17, V12, T2, T0 Background - E02, E00, E000

Thank you so much for dropping by!  I hope you have a fantastic weekend!

Happy Stamping!
__________________________________________________________________________

StampsClimbing Clematis and Simply Camellias (Power Poppy)
Paper:  White and Kraft (PTI), X-Press It
Ink:  Printer
Dies: Stitched Rectangles (Waltzingmouse)
Accessories:  Copics, Embossing Folder, Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), Clear Wink of Stella Pen



7 comments:

Jane said...

What beautiful blue flowers and may I say what lovely colouring.

CherylQuilts said...

Well, Tosh, it's wonderful you got to visit with your kids in the midwest - wonderful times and memories, for sure. And, wow, do I LOVE your clematis. Stunning coloring, and I love the color combination and beautiful depth you've achieved. And, yes, these butterflies are simply gorgeous! Beautiful layout, and I love your sequins. And what a darling wreath for your niece...amazing! Yes, Pinterest comes in hands for ideas for gifts. Nice to see another card from you, my friend. Hugs!

Marisa said...

Gorgeous!

Allison Cope said...

Oh my Tosh, your Clematis is SOOOO detailed - the colouring on your petals are AMAZING! They almost look like soft velvet. Stunning card this week!

Kathy Jones said...

*THUD* OMGosh Tosh, this card is just incredible! The colouring is to die for and I'm LOVING the stitched border/frame design.....it's just stunning! The wreath is amazing too - you are such a wonderful Aunt!! I hope you enjoyed your time in the Midwest with your kids!

ChristineCreations said...

What a great personalized design! That butterfly looks amazing especially in the layout like this!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, Tosh, your card is so beautiful! I love how you framed the image and cut the separate butterfly to accent the sentiment. So fabulous with your amazing coloring, too. Wink of Stella is hard to photograph, but I know how pretty it is in real life. And these flowers look almost like real life. The wreath you made is so CUTE! What a great idea. I mostly look at Pinterest, but never use any of the ideas, except recipes. Love those recipes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs