Friday, September 4, 2015

Gift Giving with Power Poppy


 

http://powerpoppy.blogspot.com/
Hello creative friends!!  It's time for another Power Poppy Power & Spark Challenge, and Katie has come up with the nicest challenge possible.......because it's all about giving.  This is how she describes her challenge for this month:   This month’s Power & Spark challenge is all about giving.  We all know the paper crafting community has some of the biggest, giving hearts around so let’s celebrate that with “Gifts from the Heart”.  Show us your creative ways of gift presentations or a hand crafted gift….or both!  Try stamping  your own wrapping paper, decorate your own gift bag or tag, craft a gift set of note cards....you choose how to show your art and heart for a special someone.  Even though the holidays are just around the corner, any time is a great time for gift giving so this challenge is open for any occasion.

Years ago I put together a Gift Bag Topper Tutorial and I still love making them.  (Here's a LINK to a few more that I've made over the years.) So I thought I'd make a gift bag for a general occasion instead of a holiday like I normally do, using the newest Power Poppy Digi image Easy Breezy Coneflowers.  This duo is gorgeous and oh, so fun to color!  I colored them with Copics, diecut them with a Pierced Rectangle die and distressed the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  Below is a closer look at the detail Marcella has included in the image.



I added the coordinating sentiment on a little tag.  I love these dark rich, detailed papers.  I thought they were a fun contrast to the beautifully elegant, yet bold Coneflowers.


Here's a view of the top.  The paper I was using was only 6x6, so I added a panel to the top to lengthen it.

 
That's it for my project today.  Be sure to stop by the following Bloom Brigaders if you haven't already.  These gals really know how to use their creative side. 
CopicsFlower Petals - B05, BG05, BG01, BG0000 Flower Center - E87, YR27, YR24, YR21, YG01 Leaves - G17, G14, G02, G0000, YG01

Thank you so much for stopping by!  I hope you have a fantastic weekend!

Happy Stamping!
____________________________________________________________

StampsEasy Breezy Coneflowers (Power Poppy)
Paper:  X-Press It, Somewhere in Time Collection (BoBunny)
Ink:  Printer
Dies:  Pierced Rectangle Die (Avery Elle), Stitched Tag (Waltzingmouse)
Accessories:  Copics, Border Punch (Martha Stewart), Sequins, Ribbon, Linen Ribbon (Tim Holtz Ideology), Mini-Library Clip (SU!) 

7 comments:

KimCreate said...

The blue flowers pop right off the bag in your photo! Super pretty project. I've seen those bag topper but haven't tried one.

Julia Aston said...

What a beautiful gift bag Tosh! Your coloring is wonderful on the cone flowers!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Tosh, this is gorgeous! I love your coneflowers - and girl, you sure can color! They glow! I love the color combination with your papers too! And what a great gift bag idea (thanks for the link to the tutorial). Definitely a wonderful idea and a great way to recycle. And your tag just adds the finishing touch. I love it, and thanks for the inspiration, my friend! It's all gorgeous! Hugs!

ChristineCreations said...

I just love your gift bag toppers. They look so finished and classy! Gorgeous colour combination too Tosh! Love that little slip of burlap too, it has the perfect earthy touch!

Leslie Miller said...

This is just fabulous, Tosh! I love your bag toppers. The tag you made for this one is particularly adorable!

Stacy Morgan said...

Love this Tosh! What an awesome idea for the bag (need to do this) and your blue coneflowers look FABO! Love this gift wrapping!

Katie Sims said...

Now I wanna make one of these!! I love this idea of a topper for a gift bag! Your color combination is SO striking and the way you colored up those coneflowers.....mercy, they positively g-l-o-w! A real show stopper, Tosh! Hugs.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs