Friday, October 7, 2016

Feeling Fall ~ Make it Move with Power Poppy




http://powerpoppy.blogspot.com/
Happy Friday y'all!!!  Are you ready for the weekend?  I know I am looking forward to it!  I'm also excited to share today's Power Poppy project with ya!  Since it's the first Friday of a new month, there is a new Power and Spark Challenge hosted by are own, dear Ally.  She has challenged us to make it move.  Well, I took on that challenge, and it was exactly that...A CHALLENGE!!  I decided I wanted to make a double slider with a shaker main body.  Okay...that was a bit ambitious.  First of all, I've never even made a slider, let alone a double one.  And then add a shaker on the front?  YIKES!!  This baby took some time.  And, I have to admit...it doesn't slide perfectly.  I took the instructions a bit too far.  They warned not to make the plastic band inside too tight...so...of course, I made it too loose.  DOH!!!  But I'm happy with the look of it...even if it doesn't function perfectly.  I know better for next time right?  

I used two Power Poppy stamp sets for this project Feeling Fall and Nice Things to Say  (oh...and I should mention, the shaker part is actually a card and opens up so you can write on the inside of it.)  Here's a link to the tutorial I used to make this:  DarleneDesign.com) 

Below you can see it with the slide outs.  They are actually supposed to slide out further, but, after gluing everything together, I must have had a malfunction.  Since it's assembled, there is no way for me to figure out what happened.  But, you can still see the sentiments (mostly), so mission accomplished.


I colored the image with Copics, and aged everything with with Antique Linen Ranger Distress Ink to vintage it up a bit.  I have a few mini velvet pumpkin and these two little guys remind me of them.  Aren't they sweet?


CopicsMug ~ E97, E95, E93, Y17, E81 Gourd ~ BG96, BG93, BG90, E84 Top Pumpkin ~ E44, E43, E42, E40, E84  Bottom Pumpkin ~ E87, E84, E81 Stems and Shadows ~ T6, T4, T2, T0 Berries ~ YR27, Y17

Now, if you'd like some more Power Poppy inspiration (and I bet you do), head on over to the following Bloom Brigade Blogs:
Before you go, I want to give you a heads up about the upcoming new Power Poppy Happiest Holiday release that will happen Oct. 21st!!  This, my friends, has got to be my most favorite release yet!!  SERIOUSLY!!  There is quite the variety of Holiday sets that will appeal to every style and taste out there.  And talk about C-R-E-A-T-I-V-E!!  Marcy pulled out all the stops for this one.  So, mark your calendars...peeks start October 16!!! 


That's it for today!!  Thank you so much for dropping by!  I'm honored to have you visit!

Happy Stamping!
______________________________________________________________________________

StampsFeeling Fall and Nice Things to Say (Power Poppy)
Paper:  X-Press It, Old World Travel (Carta Bella)
Ink:  Gray Flannel (Memento), Antique Linen (Ranger Distress)
Dies:  6x6 Matting Basics, Standard Square and Labels and Tags (Spellbinders), Mini Fanciful Flourish (Cheery Lynn Designs)
Accessories:  Copics, Border Punch (Martha Stewart), Scor-Pal, Corner Tag Punch (SU!), Silk Ribbon (Stamp Simply Ribbon Store), Lace, Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh and Miscellaneous ) 

5 comments:

ChristineCreations said...

Woweee! You really amped up the move it! From the gorgeous tones in the shaker to the cool pop outs! It’s a beauty Tosh!

Laurie Schmidlin said...

Wow! Tosh, this literally took my breath away! Those colors are so soothing and elegant together! And those sequins...gah! Just gorgeous!

Stacy Morgan said...

For never making any you sure rocked this girl! I love the colors, the fall feel and your gorgeous coloring. FANTASTIC!!!

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous coloring, fun idea for the shaker and neat slider too!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh my, Tosh! This is so gorgeous and elegant! It's amazing that it's a shaker card too...they often remind me of fun cards, but this is truly elegant! I love the gorgeous colors you've used, and the frame is amazing with the ribbon and lace at the top. It sure looks fabulous even if it doesn't function the way you want it. It's sure to bring joy to someone special. Stunning, as always, sweet friend! Hugs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs